Project Concept and Program Development
- By defining and refining the client's needs in a concise program before the architect and engineers begin their work, we can reduce the sometimes long and drawn out design discovery process that usually takes place when the client does not have a clear idea of what their project should be. The net result being less architectural and engineering fees and faster execution.
- By producing a detailed and complete line item budget allowing for every typical cost category of both hard and soft project costs, we can reduce budget overruns by anticipating all costs in the original budget.
Selection of Professional Team
- Our intimate knowledge of the technical and business aspects of both the design professionals and the construction group allows for more comprehensive team member interviews, thus creating the opportunity for a more synergistic team approach to the project. This synergy allows each team member's skills to compliment the other member's towards the ultimate goal of better design, more complete construction documents, better bid numbers, fewer change orders and shorter construction times.
- Our approach allows for the immediate input from the General Contractor as design progresses by creating quantity surveys and cost estimates that mirror the design as it progresses. This results in a design that has better cost control and reduces the potential cost of redesign after final bidding is complete.
- Our team approach is designed to have the General Contractor constantly review all construction documents as they are being developed, looking for and reducing issues of constructibility, subcontractor trade overlap and schedule extending details, specifications and materials. The less time the construction team is in meetings resolving these issues, the more time they will have to concentrate on building better and quicker.
- Our requirement for numerous bids in each trade, quantity verification, requests for value engineering alternatives and open book review of each bid provides that the lowest responsible bidders is chosen for each sub trade. This results in the lowest cost to the Owner with minimum risk from subcontractor mistakes, change orders and/or subcontractor contract default.
Owner Representation During Construction
- Our owner representation during construction creates a job site environment that encourages quick decision making, insightful management of construction issues and positive team participation from the architect, engineers, subcontractors and the General Contractor. This approach can result in savings of time and money after construction has commenced.